Thursday, February 21, 2013

Enough winter!

All work and no play. And some really cold weather outside. We had a light dusting of snow followed by some ice on Monday and it’s still here. Just taking my dog for his daily walks has been tricky. The wind is so cold it freezes my contacts to my eyeballs. Not fun.

An upcoming deadline at work has lead to some very long hours, but I did manage to get a short 3.5 mile treadmill run in yesterday. I was able to maintain 7 miles per hour with a 1 percent incline for 5 minutes. That’s pretty good for me. I usually run between 6.5 and 6.8 mph and then adjust the incline from 2 to 4 percent.

I’m hoping to run some faster 5K races this year. I tend to run a fast first mile, slow down a little for the second, and then run a slightly faster third mile. Somehow I have pick up the pace for mile two. I’m not even aware that I slow down, but my Garmin doesn’t lie.

If the weather cooperates, I’ll be heading to Otsiningo Park on Saturday to try to beat my 10.1 mile distance from last week. I don’t like that I’m only doing one short run and one long run a week, but there’s not much I can do about it at the moment.

Next week I need to send in my registration form for a 4-mile race that is coming up in March. It’s a race for police, fire, EMT types and anyone else who wishes to run. Lots of big strapping men. Woohoo!

Stats:
3.5 miles, 33:12 minutes, 9:29 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment