Monday, February 4, 2013

Super Bowl Sunday Run

Carrousel that I run by at least twice on my way to the park.
Managed to get in a 4.2 mile run on Sunday. Very cold, of course. It’s February. I was trying for negative splits – last miles faster then the first miles, but that didn’t happen. I just ran them all slow. I lose 5 to 10 seconds on every mile no matter what I try. I did do a decent sprint through the park. I haven’t been able to do any speed runs due to ice, but the park road was clear and dry and my muscles were warmed up so I took off. It felt good until I go to the end of the road. Then all the air was suddenly sucked out of the universe and I had to learn how to breathe again. Cold air in my lungs is a killer. It starts out cold, then suddenly my chest is on fire. And then it goes away and all is well with the world.

Watched the Super Bowl. I’m not a football fan, but I always watch the Super Bowl. I usually don’t even know who’s playing until an hour or two before kickoff. I like how “over the top” it all gets. Like this game is the most important thing in the entire world. $950 for the cheap seats. That is totally insane. But it was a good game. Ravens and 49ers. Ravens won.

Really looking forward to the Cupid’s Chase run this Saturday. It’s been awhile since I’ve run a 5K race. There’s going to be a lot going on – music, DJ, some news celebrity, Zumba lessons. I’m not really sure what Zumba is, but it sounds cool. And awards and trophies and food afterwards. After the 10K January Freeze races, someone supplied brownies and everyone flocked to them. I found that kind of funny. We all just burned up 600 to 700 calories and undid half the race in about 10 seconds with the consumption of a delicious brownie. But they were good!

Sunday’s Stats:

4.23 miles,  39:18 minutes, 9:17 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment