Friday, February 1, 2013

Cold Run

Bridge over the Susquehanna River that I ran across.
Finally got a run it. Wednesday it was 60 degrees, but raining. Thursday it was cold and snowing and winds gusting to 40 mph. Today it was 22 degrees, but the sun was out so I went for it. My goal was 6.5 miles and I managed 7.5 miles. Now my left calf muscle hurts, but I guess that’s part of the fun.

There were a lot of obstacles – stupid people, traffic, a flooded river walk, and some wind so my time wasn’t the greatest. Luckily I noticed the river walk was flooded before I went down the steps. That could have really ruined my run. For the last mile, the sun was setting and I was starting to get cold. I have a 15K race at the end of March that I need to be ready for.

I’m not quite there. If my left will let me, I'm going to try for 8 miles on Sunday. If not, I'll do my usual 4 mile boring run around the north side of the village.

Stats:
7.54 miles, 1:13 minutes, 9:41 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment