Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Double ugh

I thought it was nice out and I thought I was feeling better. Neither were true. The wind was cold and a half mile into my run, it started to snow. That hard, pellety kind of snow. Yuck. But I kept going. I ran my first mile in 9:32. I was just trying to run. At mile two, my hip started to hurt and the headache behind my eyes made itself known. I ran my second mile in 9:54. I was wearing my new New Balance sneakers and something wasn’t feeling right in the right foot. At 2.58 miles I started wheezing. I have a slight case of emphysema thanks to 16 years of breathing second hand smoke. When I’m tired or nor feeling well, it kicks in. Time to stop. This was no fun at all. I walked the last half mile home. Because I was sweating and no longer running, I started to shiver. Could it get any worse?

After a hot shower, I downloaded my pitiful stats. Wow.

The fever and chills from earlier in the week are gone, but I still have a throbbing ache in my head. It’s been so long since I’ve had a migraine that I don’t remember how long it takes to recover. And it could still be a bug of some kind. I haven’t slept well since last Friday and don’t think I got any sleep at all last night. I was kind of a zombie at work today.

I’m actually thinking of going over to this health food place to find some kind of natural sleep aid. No way can I go another night without sleep.

I’m not thinking about the race on Saturday at all. If I don’t feel well Saturday morning, there’s no point in running.

I ran such a great race last Saturday and now I don’t know if I’ll even be able to get out of bed. Very disappointing.

Stats:
2.58 miles, 25:27 minutes, 9:51 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment