Sunday, April 14, 2013

To walk or not to walk?

Week after week of cold, dreary weather. I don’t like it. I don’t like it at all.

Friday I got in a 9.1 mile run. There was hardly anyone in the park. Big surprise. I didn’t even want to be there, but the half marathon is three weeks away and I need to run.

If the sun ever comes out today, I’m going for a slow 10 mile run. I need to slow down a little so I’ll still have some energy for the end of the race. I have a hard time running slow in the beginning. My legs just want to run. Then by mile 7, I’m starting to get tired.

I have decided I will be walking through the water stops at the half marathon. I can easily make up the 5 to 10 seconds I’ll lose and my legs might appreciate the short rest. Trying to run and drink out of a tiny cup is hard for me. I've been stressing over the water stops for weeks now. I know I need drink water or a sports drink around 45 minutes and then every 10 to 15 minutes after to avoid dehydration at the end. I really don't want to carry water. So I will proudly walk through the water stops. There. No more stressing. My goal is to finish. And if I happen to finish in under 2:20, that would be awesome.

Boston Marathon tomorrow! And there's live streaming. Hopefully I can watch it while I work.

Stats:
9.12 miles, 1:25:51 minutes, 9:25 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment