Saturday, May 4, 2013

Less than 24 hours to go

I picked up my bib at the race expo. There were a million people there. I quickly browsed through the vendor tables, then got out of the chaos. My number is 686. I like it.

I will be wearing pink shorts with green trim, a safety green singlet (it looks more yellow in the photo), and my black and pink NBers.

The mile markers for the course are up. I walked the last mile to the finish line just to remember where the final turn is. The weather is supposed to be perfect, 50s and sunny in the morning.

It's going to be hard to run slow, but I know I need to slow down after the second mile. I plan on starting towards the front because I can't stand all the jostling and shuffling in the back. It's a chip timed race so runners in the back don't lose any time, but I still don't like it. I usually run a fast first mile no matter what the distance.

I'm starting to have doubts about finishing in under two hours, but should be pretty close to that time. It doesn't really matter. I'm just excited that I know I can run the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment