Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Shoes matter

May at last and there are flowers everywhere. I think I can safely say spring is here.

Map My Run claims I ran 118 mile for the month of April. I’ve been training hard for the upcoming half marathon (just a few days away)! For my last two runs, I averaged a pace of 8:54 and 8:58. The 8:58 run included some pretty steep hills. I’ve been limiting myself to five miles, but will probably do six either today or tomorrow. I start a mini vacation tomorrow. I wanted to make sure I wasn’t going to be sent somewhere for work and made sure to take time off around the race. I did not want to be flying the day after running 13.1 miles. My legs get sore enough from just sitting on a plane.

I love these shoes!
I’m very happy about this new speed that I seem to be running. I'm not trying to run fast and am quite surprised when I look at my Garmin and see I am cruising along at a pace under 9:00. 9:24 used to be a comfortable running speed. I think much of it has to do with my New Balance shoes that I bought earlier this year. They are AWESOME! So awesome that I bought a second pair a few days ago. I was hoping to get them in a different color (not black and pink), but other colors were already sold out in my size so black and pink it is. The soles show I am hitting with my forefoot and not my heel. The heel is hardly worn at all. I guess shoes really do make a difference. I will definitely be wearing these for the big race.

No comments:

Post a Comment